- About the Diverse WA training package
- An Introduction to Cultural Competency
Module 1: Multicultural Western Australia
- WA is a culturally diverse State
- Multicultural policies and practice: international, Australian and Western Australian
- The People of Australia: Australia's Multicultural Policy
Module 2: Intercultural Communication Part A
- What is engagement?
- Misunderstandings can happen when ...
- We form stereotypes by...
- Effective communication skills
Module 3: Intercultural Communication Part B
- Meeting scenario
- Verbal communication
- Communication styles
- Personal space and distance
- Eye contact
- Facial expressions
- Gestures and posture
- Values and attitudes
- Cultural shock and adaptation
- Learning English as a second language
- Intercultural communication
Module 4: Working with Interpreters and Translators
- Why we use qualified and certified interpreters and translators
- How do I know if an interpreter is needed?
- Which method works best?
- Post-training self assessment
- User Satisfaction Survey
- References and useful resources
- Terms and conditions